Sunday, April 6, 2014

Every Day is DEFINITELY a Winding Road...

It's been quite awhile since I last blogged.  So much in my life has changed.  I can't even begin to think of my "old" life.  I'm so much better.  I'm so much healthier.  I'm so much happier.

Steve and I have been together for about a year and a half.  I still can't believe how wonderful our relationship is.  I mean it's not all roses and sunshine, but the way we work through issues is just so healthy!  I truly believe he is the perfect match for me.

A couple weeks ago, my dreams came true.  On Saturday, March 22, 2014, I became engaged to my best friend and I couldn't be happier or more excited to live the rest of my life beside him.  We decided to go for a walk at Stony since the snow was melting.  The only problem was the snow was melting everywhere but Stony Creek.  We started walking the snow was so deep still and there was still icy spots from the snow beginning to melt.  I had also gone for a run in the morning, so I was just hoping for a nice walk, not a tough workout!  But, I kept trucking.  We kept walking and walking and walking.  At one point, I told Steve I was tired and he looked to our right and said, "you see that hill?"  "Yep!" I thought, "so what?"  Then he said, "I think we have to walk up it!"

I started whining about how tired I was, but kept on going.  We started up the hill and we walked halfway up and were looking down the sides.  I noticed a bench at the top so I told him I'd meet him at the top.  He walked up behind me and hugged me.  Then he walked around in front of me and I got up and gave him a real hug.  I just hugged him close.  Then he said, "I have a question for you."  So we were looking into each other's eyes, nose to nose.  Then he asked, "Will you marry me?"  I, of course, said, "yes" and then he had the ring and I started crying.  We had designed the ring, but I hadn't seen it completed.  I only saw the wax mold which doesn't give you a good idea at all!!  I put it on and my crabbiness disappeared.  I am engaged to my soulmate.  The man, I believe with all my heart, I was made for!

The hills, the snow and my sore legs didn't matter anymore.  I was engaged and my smile wouldn't go away for anything!!  We had already decided to go out to a nice dinner and were staying at the Royal Park for a little going away getaway before Steve left for Germany, but now it became a little celebration for the two of us.  Happiness can't even begin to tell you how happy I am!

Then on April 1, he left to go to Germany for work.  I went from the highest of highs to the lowest lows.  I miss him so much, but I know that it's not forever.  It's hard to be away from him!!  Every day's a winding road...

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I was so thrilled to hear of your engagement, Michelle. You and Emily deserve nothing but the best.

    ReplyDelete